Budding Entrepreneur

I enjoy creating new, beautiful articles of clothing. I have the knowledge to take a picture of a piece of clothing and recreate it pretty darn close. I am no designer. I am a pattern maker and seamstress.



In this blog, I get to "show off" some of my lovely creations. I do take requests. In fact, I prefer original pieces. They are intriguing, exciting, and unique.


Sunday, October 7, 2012

The "Miri" Blessing Dress

Update.  It's been a while since I've posted.  Life with several children gets busy.  Especially as they get older.  But I want to share the "Miri" Blessing Dress.

This gorgeous dress began as a 1990's wedding dress.  Complete with lace, sequins and pearls, the wedding dress was re-purposed to create a gorgeous, flowing pick-ups style infant blessing dress.
Skirt Back. Flowing & Beautiful.
Headband & Bodice
Updated with infant Headband.  A piece of lace from the wedding train was cut and made into a headband to give a sweet, 20's style headpiece.  Additional lace from the train was also cut and placed onto the bodice to compliment the lace at the skirt hem.  It adds beautiful detail to an already beautiful dress.
Sweet little booties
 The Booties / shoes were purchased.  Socks were crocheted with clear beads.  They compliment the lace detail at the skirt hem wonderfully.

This "Miri" Dress was a custom made dress.  I obtained the wedding dress and continued with the blessing dress detail as inspired.  I am absolutely proud of my work.  The dress was gorgeous on this sweet, little babe.

No comments: